ISO 50001 Energy Management System
Organizations that decide to adopt ISO 50001 will develop a special type of energy management system (EnMS) that not only yields these benefits, but also generates additional gains for the organization. In the relatively short time since its publication, ISO 50001 has become the internationally recognized standard for implementing a strategic and systematic energy management system with proven energy and energy cost savings. A list of the benefits of ISO 50001 includes:
- A significant improvement of the energy performance level from an initial energy baseline.
- A systematic approach (plan-do-check and act) that leads to continuous energy efficiency improvement. ISO 50001 enables organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix energy efficiency targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions concerning energy use and consumption
- Measure the results of energy efficiency improvements
- Review the effectiveness of the energy policy
- Continually improve energy management
- ISO 50001 supports the development of an energy policy and contributes to the structure of an energy plan to achieve targets.
- ISO 50001 facilitates engagement (commitment and agreement) of management and has a positive contribution towards the energy targets.
- An ISO 50001-based EnMS creates awareness and a commitment about energy (i.e. consumption, use, efficiency, renewable sources) within the organization.
- ISO 50001 improves the ability of organizations to manage energy risks concerning possible impacts in an efficient and effective way.
- ISO 50001 strengthens the competitiveness of organizations and reduces their vulnerability with respect to energy price fluctuation and availability of energy.
- ISO 50001 allows the establishment of a benchmarking process.
- An ISO 50001-based EnMS allows organizations to gain credible external visibility of energy saving actions.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in attaining ISO 50001 Certification.