Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing Good Manufacturing Practices — Guidelines for the application of ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in cosmetics manufacturing.
“This International Standard gives guidelines for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products”. ISO 22716 provides a comprehensive approach for a quality management system for those engaged in the manufacturing, packaging, testing, storage, and transportation of cosmetic finished products. The standard has its basis in other quality management systems, ensuring a smooth integration with those quality management systems. This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as specified in ISO 22716 for cosmetics industry. The participant will learn the different components of a GMP, including the GMP quality manual, required procedures, records, Cleaning and contamination control, internal audit and continual improvement.
The ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for cosmetics guide was designed to give guidelines for the production, control, storage, packaging, labeling, shipment, and distribution of cosmetic products.
ISO 22716 is also arranged to complement current management systems in place, like the ISO 9001. It highlights the quality of cosmetic products to customers, as well as the accountability and traceability in the production and distribution phases of products.
ISO 22716 GMP covers all aspects of the supply chain of cosmetics. It focuses on the safety and quality of the product, as well as the impact of products on consumers, manufacturers, retailers, suppliers, and brand holders, but it does not cover: safety aspects for the personnel engaged in the plant or the protection of the environment, and it is not applicable to research and development activities.
ISO 22716 training has been designed to introduce you to the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for the Cosmetic Industry following the ISO 22716:2017 version
Who should attend?
- Members of a Quality team
- Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 22716 standard
- Staff involved in operations related to a GMP
- ISO 22716 Internal Auditors
- To Understand the implementation of a Good Manufacturing Practice in accordance with ISO 22716
- To Understand the relationship between a Good Manufacturing Practice and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To Know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a Good Manufacturing Practice
- To acquire the necessary knowledge to contribute in implementing a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as specified in ISO 22716.
- Introduction to the ISO 22716:2007 standard and Key Concept
- Overview of ISO 22716:2007
Benefits of GMP
• Terms and definitions
• People, organisation, responsibilities and training
• Premises and equipment
• Materials and production
• Waste and subcontracting
- Control of raw materials
- Documentation and record
- Cleaning and contamination control
- Procedures (SOPs)
- Laboratory Control
- Testing (Analytical/Micro)
- Control of non-conformances
- Equipment maintenance
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of Quality Management
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses of ISO 22716
- Implementation phases of the ISO 22716 Framework
- Continual Improvement of Quality
- Conducting an ISO 22716 Audit
Duration: 5 days
- Case Study
- Individual Exercises
- Role Play
- Group Exercises
- Group Presentation
Assessment and Qualification
Learning is assessed through:
- 3 hours open or 1 and ½ hours multiple choice online examination. Passing the exams qualifies the candidate for Cognicert Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Provisional Professional
- Practical experience of more than 3 years qualifies participants Cognicert Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Professional (Lead Category) I.D Card and Certificate