Offshore engineers are required in the midst of global oil exploration expansion. “Due to the rapid growth of the offshore field, particularly in the exploration and development of offshore oil and gas fields in deep waters of the oceans, the science and engineering in this area is seeing a phenomenal advancement. This advanced knowledge is not readily available for use by the practitioners in the field in a single reference.
Tremendous strides have been made in the last decades in the advancement of offshore exploration and production of minerals. This has given rise to developments of new concepts and structures and material for application in the deep oceans. This has generated an obvious need of a reference book providing the state-of-the art in offshore engineering.” (Subrata Chakrabarti)
This course covers the important aspects of offshore structure design, installation and operation, maintenance and disposal. Particular emphasis is placed on the application of the theory to practical problems in offshore structures with handy design guides, simple description of the various components of the offshore engineering and their functions.
You will gain the new skills needed across this fast developing sector, together with the fundamental engineering or management understanding necessary for any application.
The course will empower participants to:
- Understand loads and responses
- Design floating and fixed offshore platforms
- Identify material for offshore application
- Understand how to physically model offshore structures
- Design and construct offshore pipeline
- Design for reliability and lifecycle support
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for mechanical, electrical, civil, petroleum and other engineering, mathematics or science graduates who wish to develop a career in offshore engineering. It develops professional engineers with the multidisciplinary skills and ability to analyse current and future offshore energy engineering problems.
- Historical Development of Offshore Structures
- Deepwater Challenges
- Offshore Structure Configurations
- Bottom-Supported Fixed Structures
- Compliant Structures
- Floating Structures
- Novel and Small Field Offshore Structures
- Discussion of Selected Innovative Structures
- Future Field Development Options
- Residual Value and Risk Factors
- Ocean Environment
- Ocean Water Properties.
- Fifth-Order Stokes Wave Theory
- Breaking Waves
- Internal Waves
- Sea States
- Wave-driven Current
- Loop Current
- Wind and Wind Spectrum
- Offshore Environment by Location
- Loads and Responses
- Current Loads on Structures
- Steady and Dynamic Wind Loads on Structures
- Wave Loads on Structures .
- Applicability of Morison Force vs . Diffraction Force
- Steady Wave Drift Force
- Applicability of Response Formula
- Simplified Computation of Slow-Drift Oscillation
- Probabilistic Design of Offshore Structures
- Application of Statistics in Offshore Engineering
- Wave Statistics
- Design Approaches
- Combination of Multiple Stochastic load effect
- Probabilistic Design of Offshore
- Response Statistics
- Uncertainty Measures.
- Structural Reliability Analysis
- Values for Loads
- System Reliability
- Fixed Offshore Platform Design
- Field Development and Concept Selection Activities
- Basic and Detailed Design of a Fixed Jacket- Tower-type Offshore Platform
- Special Topics
- Floating Offshore Platform Design
- FPSO Hull Design
- Hull Structure
- Drilling and Production Risers
- Topside Facilities Layout Development
· Design and Construction of Offshore Pipelines
· Design for Reliability: Human and Organisational Factors
· Physical Modelling of Offshore Structures
- Offshore Installation
- Materials for Offshore Applications
- Geophysical and Geotechnical Design
Eligibility Requirement: Candidate must be an graduate engineer with minimum of 6 years offshore experience with at 1 year at supervisory/ management level
Official Recommended Text Book: Handbook of Offshore Engineering edited by Subrata Chakrabarti – $300
Purchase here and submit evidence of purchase with other registration requirements.
Exam registration and certification fee: £300
Retake fee: £150
|September 18||August 30, 2021|
|October 16||September 3, 2021|
|November 20||October 20, 2021|
|December 11||November 11, 2021|
Cancellation: 3 weeks before examination attract 100%. 0% refund after. .
Assessment and Qualification
Learning is assessed through:
2 and ½ hours multiple choice online examination. Passing the exams qualifies the candidate for Cognicert Certified Offshore Engineer (Lead Category) I.D Card and Certificate
- REGISTER HERE