ISO/IEC 27031:2011 is an international standard that addresses Information and Communication Technology (ICT) readiness for business continuity. The training program based on ISO/IEC 27031:2011 is designed to educate professionals about the principles, processes, and best practices for ensuring the readiness of ICT systems and services to support business continuity in the event of disruptions or disasters. This training equips participants with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement ICT continuity plans aligned with ISO/IEC 27031.
The target audience for ISO/IEC 27031:2011 training includes:
- IT Managers and Leaders: IT directors, CIOs, and other IT leaders responsible for ICT continuity planning and management.
- Business Continuity Managers: Professionals tasked with developing and maintaining business continuity plans that include ICT components.
- Information Security Professionals: Security managers and officers responsible for ensuring the security and resilience of ICT systems and services.
- Risk Managers: Professionals focused on assessing and managing risks associated with ICT systems.
- IT and Network Administrators: Personnel responsible for maintaining and managing ICT infrastructure.
- Compliance and Regulatory Officers: Those responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant standards and regulations related to ICT continuity.
The primary reference standard for ISO/IEC 27031:2011 training is ISO/IEC 27031:2011 itself, titled “Information technology — Security techniques — Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity.” This standard provides guidelines for assessing, establishing, and managing ICT readiness for business continuity.
- Comprehensive Understanding: Ensure participants have a deep understanding of ISO/IEC 27031:2011 and its significance in ensuring ICT readiness for business continuity.
- Business Impact Analysis: Teach participants how to conduct a business impact analysis (BIA) to identify critical ICT resources and their dependencies.
- Risk Assessment: Provide knowledge and tools for assessing and managing risks to ICT systems and services.
- ICT Continuity Planning: Enable participants to develop and implement ICT continuity plans aligned with ISO/IEC 27031.
- Testing and Exercises: Educate participants on the importance of testing and exercising ICT continuity plans to ensure their effectiveness.
- Communication and Reporting: Teach participants how to communicate ICT continuity requirements and findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Encourage participants to continuously improve ICT continuity practices based on lessons learned and evolving threats.
The training content should cover a range of topics to meet the specified objectives. Here’s a breakdown of the content:
Module 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27031:2011
- Overview of the standard and its importance
- Role of ICT in business continuity
- Relationship with other ISO/IEC standards (e.g., ISO/IEC 22301)
Module 2: Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Conducting a BIA to identify critical ICT resources
- Dependencies and interdependencies in ICT systems
- Risk assessment and prioritization
Module 3: Risk Assessment and Management for ICT
- Identifying and assessing risks to ICT systems and services
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Developing a risk management plan
Module 4: ICT Continuity Planning
- Developing an ICT continuity plan
- Designing and implementing ICT continuity measures
- Aligning ICT continuity with overall business continuity planning
Module 5: Testing and Exercising ICT Continuity Plans
- The importance of testing and exercising
- Types of tests and exercises for ICT continuity
- Analyzing test results and implementing improvements
Module 6: Communication and Reporting
- Communicating ICT continuity requirements and plans to stakeholders
- Reporting on ICT continuity readiness and compliance
- Crisis communication and incident reporting
Module 7: Lessons Learned and Continuous Improvement
- Analyzing incidents and exercises for lessons learned
- Implementing improvements in ICT continuity plans and processes
- Measuring and monitoring ICT continuity effectiveness
Module 8: Case Studies and Best Practices
- Real-world examples of effective ICT continuity planning and management
- Best practices from organizations with mature ICT continuity programs
Module 9: Action Plan and Implementation
- Developing an action plan for implementing ISO/IEC 27031:2011 practices within participants’ organizations
- Steps to initiate and sustain effective ICT continuity practices
Module 10: Q&A and Course Evaluation
- Opportunity for participants to ask questions and seek clarification
- Course evaluation and feedback collection
- Case Study
- Individual Exercises
- Role Play
- Group Exercises
- Group Presentation
Self-Study Material, Exam and Certification
Online Training, Material, Exam and Certification
Classroom Training Location Here (Fee to be decided by delivery partners)