Certified by Cognicert Limited UK (www.cognicert.com )
Effective implementation and verification of a (Security) management system requires periodical audits. The approach to and scope of an audit differs widely from an inspection. The requirements for auditing the management system within companies and on board ships have highlighted the subject of competence of internal auditors.
Our course provides you with the knowledge and expertise necessary to plan and conduct combined , ISPS audits and verifications. Through the use of interactive group exercises you will also improve your communication skills and thus strengthen your overall performance as an auditor. The first part of the auditing process resembles an inspection activity (verification of compliance and identification of non-conformities). This course will provide shipping and offshore company employees with the knowledge and tools necessary for performing and managing internal auditing procedures. Verification principles and methods for implementation of both formal and informal audit procedures will be examined and applied.
Participants will receive a sound understanding of auditing techniques and processes as well as management of an internal auditing program. They will also gain an appreciation for the role and importance of internal auditing programs within the maritime industry as related to Safety and Quality Management systems and learn about the requirements laid down in the ISO 19011 standard related to the performance of the internal audits and verifications in an integrated management system.
Certificate by Cognicert Limited United Kingdom www.cognicert.com
To qualify participants as Lead auditors of ISPS code enabling them to prepare and conduct audits/verifications within their shipping companies in accordance with accepted auditing principles as well as conduct external audit on behalf of maritime administration or coastal agencies.
Good knowledge of ISPS Code and the ILO Maritime Labour Convention 2006
Who should attend:
Shipping Companies: Designated Persons (ashore), Company Security Officers, Quality Managers, Superintendents, Nautical Officers, Engineers, Port Facility Security Officers, Ship Security Officers
Duration: 5 days
The course focuses on:
- Introducing to Maritime Safety Management and the International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Code and Maritime Labour Convention(MLC) Code;
- The Aims, Structure and Content of the ISPS and MLC Codes;
- Introduction to Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) Convention (1974/1988)
- ISPS Requirements & Implementation Problems
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Requirements & Implementation Problems
- ILO MLC Application
- Quality, Health, Safety & Security Auditing
- Theory and Practice of Auditing
- Methods & Auditing Tools and Checklists
- ISPS/MLC audit and verification requirements
- Common features and differences
- Techniques that contribute to the success of communication processes within audits
- Planning, preparation, performance, recording, reporting and follow-up of audits
- Principles and best practices of harmonized audits and verifications
- Handling of non-conformities including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Practical audit preparation, execution, follow up and monitoring
- Practical handling of Audit Findings and follow up (internal vs external audits)
- Roles and decisions of maritime administration and safety agency
- Auditing Case Studies
- Corrective action