Certified by Cognicert UK Limited www.cognicert.com
New product design and Development will help you explore new product development (NPD) in a team model. We will provide some specific examples of how team based new product development differ from the traditional approach. Next, we will look at the true impact of design on the supply chain and how this can impact different performance attributes in a positive or negative manner. We will then look at some principles of design for order fulfillment and identify some of the various approaches that have been used to improve designs for the organization supply chain.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the difference between traditional and team based product development(PD).
- Describe the collaborative decisions made by each function in the PD approach.
- Understand the impact of design on order fulfillment in the value chain and why PD is important in facilitating an efficient order fulfillment cycle.
- Recognize the cost management approaches required in product development.
- Evaluate the potential of new product
- Analyze from a financial perspective
- Bring innovation to market quickly using new product development insights
- Effectively handle product testing andCognicert Product Development Manager Course launch issues
- Learn to develop a market driven business plan
- Improve Techniques of market testing
Products Development Frameworks
Fuzzy Front End (FFE) Products Development Framework
- Identification of design criteria
- Idea analysis
- Concept genesis
- Product development
Design Thinking Product Development framework: Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test .
Systems Lifecycle Technical Processes Framework
- Stakeholder Requirements Definition Process;
- Requirements Analysis Process;
- Architectural Design Process;
- Implementation Process;
- Integration Process;
- Verification Process;
- Transition Process;
- Validation Process;
- Operation Process
- Maintenance Process;
- Disposal Process.
New Product Development Framework
- Idea generation
- Idea screening
- Concept development and testing
- Market strategy/business analysis: Product, Price, Promotion, Place, People and Processes
- Feasibility analysis/study
- Product technical design/Product development
- Test marketing, or market testing
- Market entry/commercialization
Product Development Project Management
- Product Development planning
- Product Development processes
- Product Development monitoring and evaluation
- Product Development Quality Management
- Case Study
- Individual Exercises
- Role Play
- Group Exercises
- Group Presentation