ISO 56002:2019 Innovation Management System Guidelines
This document provides guidance for the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and continual improvement of an innovation management system for use in all established organizations. It is applicable to:
- a) organizations seeking sustained success by developing and demonstrating their ability to effectively manage innovation activities to achieve the intended outcomes;
- b) users, customers, and other interested parties, seeking confidence in the innovation capabilities of an organization;
- c) organizations and interested parties seeking to improve communication through a common understanding of what constitutes an innovation management system;
- d) providers of training in, assessment of, or consultancy for, innovation management and innovation management systems;
- e) policy makers, aiming for higher effectiveness of support programs targeting the innovation capabilities and competitiveness of organizations and the development of society.
The potential benefits of implementing an innovation management system in accordance with this document are:
- a) increased ability to manage uncertainty;
- b) increased growth, revenues, profitability, and competitiveness;
- c) reduced costs and waste, and increased productivity and resource efficiency;
- d) improved sustainability and resilience;
- e) increased satisfaction of users, customers, citizens, and other interested parties;
- f) sustained renewal of the portfolio of offerings;
- g) engaged and empowered people in the organization;
- h) increased ability to attract partners, collaborators, and funding;
- i) enhanced reputation and valuation of the organization;
- j) facilitated compliance with regulations and other relevant requirements.
Contact us to find how we can assist you in becoming an ISO 56001 Certified.