Cognicert ISO 14064 Lead Auditor Course
The “ISO 14064 Lead Auditor Course” is a comprehensive program designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to lead greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions audits based on the ISO 14064 standard. The course integrates principles from ISO 19011:2018 (Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems) and ISO 17011:2017 (Conformity Assessment – Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Management Systems). Participants will gain a deep understanding of auditing techniques, GHG accounting, and the application of ISO 14064 to ensure effective management of greenhouse gas emissions.
This course is suitable for professionals involved in greenhouse gas emissions management, including:
- Environmental Managers and Officers
- Sustainability Managers
- GHG Analysts and Specialists
- Internal Auditors
- Compliance Officers
- Quality Assurance and Management Professionals
- Individuals involved in GHG reporting and verification processes
The primary focus is on ISO 14064:2019 – Greenhouse gases – Part 1-3, but the course will also reference:
- ISO 19011:2018 – Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
- ISO 17011:2017 – Conformity Assessment – Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Management Systems
By the end of the ISO 14064 Lead Auditor Course, participants will:
- Understand the principles and requirements of ISO 14064 for GHG emissions accounting and reporting.
- Gain proficiency in auditing techniques as per ISO 19011.
- Learn the requirements of ISO 17011 for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems.
- Acquire skills to plan, conduct, report, and follow up on GHG emissions audits.
- Understand the role of the lead auditor in the context of GHG management systems.
- Comprehend the importance of risk-based thinking in GHG emissions auditing.
- Be prepared to apply auditing principles in the verification of GHG data.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be capable of leading GHG emissions audits in accordance with ISO 14064. They will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the conformity of GHG data, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the continual enhancement of GHG management systems.
- Introduction to ISO 14064:2019 and GHG Management Systems
- Overview of Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting
- Key Principles and Requirements of ISO 14064
- ISO 19011:2018 Principles for Auditing Management Systems
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Audit Execution Techniques
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Lead Auditor
- ISO 17011:2017 Application for Conformity Assessment Bodies
- Requirements for Audit and Certification Bodies
- Competence and Impartiality in Auditing GHG Management Systems
- Audit Criteria, Scope, and Objectives for GHG Emissions
- Establishing Audit Criteria and Scope
- Setting Audit Objectives for GHG Management Systems
- Risk-Based Auditing in GHG Emissions
- Identifying and Assessing Risks in GHG Emissions
- Incorporating Risk Management into Audit Planning
- Conducting GHG Emissions Audits
- Interviewing Techniques
- Document Review and Analysis
- Observation and Sampling in GHG Data Verification
- Reporting and Communicating GHG Emissions Audit Findings
- Conducting Opening and Closing Meetings for GHG Audits
- Reporting GHG Audit Findings Effectively
- Communication Skills for GHG Auditors
- Follow-Up, Corrective Action, and Continual Improvement
- Monitoring Corrective Action Implementation in GHG Management
- Reviewing Lessons Learned for Continual Improvement in GHG Reporting
- Practical Exercises and Case Studies in GHG Emissions Auditing
- Applying ISO 19011:2018 and ISO 17011:2017 principles in GHG audit scenarios
- Analyzing real-life GHG emissions audit cases