Cognicer ISO 14064 Lead Implementer Course
The “ISO 14064 Lead Implementer Course” is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead the implementation of a Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management System based on the ISO 14064 standard. The course focuses on the principles and requirements of ISO 14064 for the quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions. Participants will gain practical insights into developing, implementing, and managing processes to ensure accurate GHG accounting and reporting.
This course is suitable for professionals involved in GHG emissions management, sustainability, and environmental management, including:
- Environmental Managers and Officers
- Sustainability Managers
- GHG Analysts and Specialists
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Professionals
- Project Managers
- Individuals responsible for implementing ISO 14064 in their organization
The primary reference standard for this course is ISO 14064:2019 – Greenhouse gases – Part 1-3. The course will delve into the specific requirements outlined in ISO 14064 for the quantification, monitoring, and reporting of GHG emissions.
By the end of the ISO 14064 Lead Implementer Course, participants will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the principles and requirements of ISO 14064 for GHG accounting and reporting.
- Learn how to plan, initiate, and lead the implementation of a GHG Management System.
- Understand the integration of ISO 14064 with other management systems and sustainability initiatives.
- Acquire skills to conduct risk assessments and establish controls for GHG emissions.
- Develop the ability to establish and maintain documentation required by ISO 14064.
- Learn how to monitor and measure the effectiveness of the GHG Management System.
- Be prepared to lead the organization through the certification process, if desired.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be equipped to lead the implementation of a GHG Management System in accordance with ISO 14064. They will have the knowledge and tools to establish effective controls, monitor performance, and continuously improve GHG accounting and reporting processes.
- Introduction to ISO 14064:2019 and GHG Management Systems
- Overview of Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting
- Key Principles and Requirements of ISO 14064
- ISO 14064:2019 Implementation Planning
- Understanding the Context of the Organization
- Establishing the Scope and Objectives of the GHG Management System
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Leadership and Organizational Context
- Roles and Responsibilities of Leadership in GHG Management
- Integration with Organizational Objectives
- Establishing a Sustainability Culture
- Risk Management in GHG Emissions
- Identifying and Assessing Risks in GHG Emissions
- Establishing Controls and Mitigation Strategies
- Risk Communication and Documentation
- Integration with Other Management Systems
- Aligning with ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems
- Complementing Energy Management with ISO 50001
- Linking with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives
- Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Establishing Documentation Requirements for GHG Management
- Recordkeeping for GHG Emissions Data
- Document Control and Versioning
- Implementation and Operation of GHG Emissions Controls
- Implementing Controls and Procedures for GHG Emissions
- Operational Planning and Control
- Employee Training and Awareness Programs
- Monitoring and Measurement of GHG Emissions Processes
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for GHG Emissions
- Internal Auditing and Monitoring
- Data Verification and Quality Assurance
- Management Review and Continuous Improvement
- Conducting Management Reviews for GHG Management
- Establishing a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Reviewing Lessons Learned from GHG Reporting
- Preparation for Certification
- Understanding the Certification Process for ISO 14064
- Readiness Assessment and Documentation Review
- Case Studies and Practical Exercises
- Applying ISO 14064 Principles in Real-world Scenarios
- Developing Implementation Plans for GHG Management